News and Features
AIDSinfo Releases HIV/AIDS Guidelines App for iOS and Android Devices
AIDSinfo is pleased to introduce HIV providers and other health professionals to our newly released HIV/AIDS Guidelines app! The AIDSinfo Guidelines app provides mobile access to the federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice treatment guidelines. The guidelines include recommendations approved by expert panels on the treatment of HIV infection and related opportunistic infections in adults, adolescents, and children and on the management of perinatal HIV infection.
Health care providers surveyed on the AIDSinfo website expect mobile access to up-to-date HIV information at the point of care—even when an Internet connection is unavailable. Designed to meet that expectation, the app automatically refreshes guidelines content when the user is connected to a wireless or cellular data network. When wireless Internet access is not available, app users can view and search the guidelines offline, and the app will check for and download any updates when the user is back online and connected again.
- View only guideline recommendations or tables
- Receive alert notifications when a new guideline is released or guideline content is updated
- Bookmark sections of a guideline
- Add notes to sections of a guideline
- Share guidelines and notes via social media, email, or text
- Search for information within guidelines
- Use the guideline spell suggest feature for searching when connected to wireless or using cellular data
Visit AIDSinfo to download the free Guidelines app to your iOS or Android device today.
AIDSinfo is eager to receive your feedback on the Guidelines app. Please email your comments and suggestions to ContactUs@aidsinfo.nih.gov.