News and Features
AIDSinfo Releases Fact Sheets on Three New HIV Medications
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved three fixed-dose combination antiretroviral medications to treat HIV infection: Cimduo, Symfi, and Symfi Lo. Cimduo is always used in combination with other HIV medicines. Symfi and Symfi Lo are both complete regimens for the treatment of HIV infection and should not be used with other HIV medicines.
Click on the fact sheets below to learn about each medicine, including possible side effects:
- Cimduo (lamivudine / tenofovir disoproxil fumarate)
- Symfi (efavirenz / lamivudine / tenofovir disoproxil fumarate)
- Symfi Lo (efavirenz / lamivudine / tenofovir disoproxil fumarate)
AIDSinfo Updates Consumer Fact Sheets
The updated AIDSinfo consumer fact sheets provide important information on how HIV affects different groups of people. Each fact sheet includes a summary of key points and links to additional information and resources.
View the updated fact sheets:
- HIV and Children and Adolescents
- HIV and Women
- HIV and Gay and Bisexual Men
- HIV and Older Adults
- HIV and Drug and Alcohol Users