Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections in Adults and Adolescents with HIV
The information in the brief version is excerpted directly from the full-text guidelines. The brief version is a compilation of the tables and boxed recommendations.
Last Updated: June 14, 2013; Last Reviewed: March 13, 2019
Preventing Chronic Cryptosporidiosis
Preferred Management Strategies:
Alternative Management Strategies:
No therapy has been shown to be effective without ART. Trial of these agents may be used in conjunction with, but not instead of, ART:
Key to Acronyms: ART = antiretroviral therapy; IV = intraveneously; PO = orally; BID = twice a day; QID = four times a day
- CDC | 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines
- HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C
- AIDSinfo Patient Materials: What is an Opportunistic Infection?
- AIDSource | HIV-Related Conditions
- AETC National HIV Curriculum
- How to Cite These Guidelines
- Adult and Adolescent OI Guidelines Archive