Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections in Adults and Adolescents with HIV
The information in the brief version is excerpted directly from the full-text guidelines. The brief version is a compilation of the tables and boxed recommendations.
Last Updated: June 14, 2019; Last Reviewed: June 14, 2019
Preventing Chronic Microsporidiosis:
For GI Infections Caused by Enterocytozoon bieneusi:
For Intestinal and Disseminated (Not Ocular) Infection Caused by Microsporidia Other Than E. bieneusi and Vittaforma corneae:
For Disseminated Disease Caused by Trachipleistophora or Anncaliia:
For Ocular Infection:
Key: ART = antiretroviral therapy; CD4 = CD4 T lymphocyte; GI = gastrointestinal; PO = orally
- CDC | 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines
- HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C
- AIDSinfo Patient Materials: What is an Opportunistic Infection?
- AIDSource | HIV-Related Conditions
- AETC National HIV Curriculum
- How to Cite These Guidelines
- Adult and Adolescent OI Guidelines Archive