Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections in Adults and Adolescents with HIV
The information in the brief version is excerpted directly from the full-text guidelines. The brief version is a compilation of the tables and boxed recommendations.
Last Updated: May 7, 2013; Last Reviewed: March 13, 2019
Preventing Chronic Microsporidiosis
For Gastrointestinal Infections Caused by Enterocytozoon bieneusi
For Intestinal and Disseminated (Not Ocular) Infection Caused by Microsporidia Other Than E. bieneusi and Vittaforma corneae
For Disseminated Disease Caused by Trachipleistophora or Anncaliia
For Ocular Infection:
Key to Acronyms: ART = antiretroviral therapy; BID = twice daily; PO = orally, QID = four times daily
- CDC | 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines
- HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C
- AIDSinfo Patient Materials: What is an Opportunistic Infection?
- AIDSource | HIV-Related Conditions
- AETC National HIV Curriculum
- How to Cite These Guidelines
- Adult and Adolescent OI Guidelines Archive